Sunday 17 September 2017

Sew far, sew good...

After last week when, frankly, we did absolutely nothing, we're back in the swing of things this week.  For me, this means getting to grips with making cushion covers for seats and the window seats.

My pal Alison has made curtains. This is how organised she looked at the beginning:


This is, quite obviously, How You Are Supposed To Do It.

Clearly I hadn't read the manual...

I had help:






And then Wooster joined in...



This clearly wasn't going to work.  However, I'm not entirely stupid, so I waited until the kittens fell asleep.

Sorted!



After everybody got banished, I managed to get the cutting out done and moved on to the sewing machine.

Notice the tongue sticking out in concentration...


Luckily, kittens find all this activity exhausting...


And I managed to actually get something done...




The window seats aren't actually, like, SEWN yet. It's just fabric wrapped around foam.

Works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment