Sunday 1 October 2017

We finally have a gate...

Ok, it's fess up time to start with. The curtains aren't exactly galloping along. I've made one Roman blind, but can't hang it until the Velcro has stuck to the rail. I can't make any more until I know from the first one that I've done it right. I've made a start (let's call it planning) on the kitchen curtain (note the singular - it's REALLY been planned) but I need binding tape for the edges, which I don't have. It'll be in on Tuesday. I could have started on the music room curtains but I don't have the eyelets which are still in storage.

Sigh.

Instead, we FINALLY got the stair banisters sorted. Phew. Atlasta banister and all that...

This is what the stairs looked like without it:


And with it.  


Simple, eh?


Well, no, not very simple at all... We've had three revisions, and we still had to saw through 2 inches of unnecessary top fixing.

We had help:


But it does now look lovely. From the top of the stairs too...


The clever thing is that it is hinged, so it opens. Just in case we want to carry an enormous wardrobe up the stairs. Which, at the moment, we don't, but you never know...


All this is, of course, exhausting for kittens.


The flower patch is still going strong (hooray) and this week produced this little lot. I am SO chuffed!


Update on the floor: The concrete STILL isn't dry - we're now looking at having the floor put down in November. Possibly.

Purchases of the week:

Later in October we're going to have 4 guests for dinner, which makes us 6 around the table. We only have 4 chairs...

So we bought two more (thank you IKEA). And I've covered the seats (because I can't get on with the curtains).

Yes, that is a new rug - we bought it for the sitting room but it was too loud. Looks great in the music room though!

No comments:

Post a Comment